Your personal profile and your blog fan page aren’t the only ways that you can use Facebook to promote your blog.
I’ve found that there are three different types of Facebook groups for bloggers. I like to make sure that I’m involved with a few of each type, especially chatty groups and engagement groups.
These are my favourite Facebook groups to be part of. I love getting to know other bloggers and I learn SO much from them. One of the best things about the blogging community is how supportive everyone is of each other and how we try to help each other instead of competing and bringing each other down.
I would recommend getting stuck in and help out/answer questions as much as possible. You never know who you might end up talking to!
Most of these groups do have a Link Drop thread once or twice a week where you can share your content, but it’s not their main focus.
Some of my favourite groups are:
Growth and Engagement Groups
When you’re joining one of these groups, make sure that you read the group rules. If the rules state that you must reciprocate likes/pins/comments to everyone in the thread – this is what you must do. If you don’t abide by the rules, you risk being removed permanently from the group.
These groups don’t just help to increase engagement on your blog, you can use them to grow your Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and BlogLovin’ accounts too.
Link Drop Groups
I’m in two minds about these. I don’t think there is an awful lot of benefit in these groups if you just drop your link and go. There are a lot of Link Drop groups with no particular niche, so everyone is dropping links and they disappear into cyberspace within seconds.
However, I am a member of a few Link Drop groups which are niche-specific and I do really enjoy scrolling down and reading the latest posts in my niche.
Bloggers Share and Engage (For beauty, fashion and lifestyle bloggers)
The Pro’s and Con’s of Using Facebook Groups to Boost Your Blog
1. It’s a great way to meet and connect with like-minded bloggers from all over the world.
2. If you use the growth and engagement groups effectively, you can get a HUGE amount of traffic to your blog.
3. It’s a great way to get HONEST opinions and reviews. Brands are obviously going to use sales-pitch techniques to try and convince you to use their products/services but your friends in the blogging community will give you the truth about what’s worth investing in, and what isn’t!
4. Collaboration Opportunities! Some groups allow brands to advertise opportunities on their walls. Other groups have specific threads for bloggers to pitch their ideas to other bloggers for collaborative posts!
1. “Like for Like” threads in engagement groups aren’t exactly the most organic way to grow your accounts/followings but it’s a good way to get started.
2, It can be really time-consuming – especially if there are huge number of participants in the thread and you have to reciprocate to all of them.
Overall I really do think that joining Facebook groups to promote your blog and/or social media is worth it, if you do it right!
It’s one of those “you only get what you give” situations. If you put in the time and effort to engage with your groups – you’ll see the benefits in your blog traffic and engagement rates. If you post-and-run, the only time you’re wasting is your own!
Let me know which Facebook groups you love being part of in the comments below!